Location: Santa Rosa,CA
Hosted by Keysight Technologies
By invitation only - please submit the I Want to Attend! form to request your invitation. If you already have an invitation, you can register and pay now. Early bird discount applies until September 10th.
This is the premiere event for anti-piracy, license compliance, and cyber security technologies. It brings together key technologists, attorneys, and executives in the private and public sector to discuss the critical issues and best practices for protecting software intellectual property from piracy and unauthorized use. The conference will be attended by the world’s leading software companies involved in electronic design automation (EDA), computer-aided design (CAD), scientific computing, building information modeling (BIM), geographic information systems (GIS), and other relevant software applications.
Keynote Speaker - Cyber Security
Ira Winkler, President and Co-Founder, Secure Mentem
Ira is one of the foremost experts in the human elements of cyber security and is known for the extensive espionage and social engineering simulations that he has conducted for Fortune 500 companies globally. He continues to perform these espionage simulations, as well as assisting organizations in developing cost effective security programs. Ira is a noted speaker, media contributor and author of several books most notably Spies Among Us, Corporate Espionage and Zen, and The Art of Information Security. He and his work have been featured in a variety of media outlets throughout the world, including CNN, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, San Francisco Chronicle, Forbes, among others.
October 4-5 - 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Anti-Piracy and License Compliance Summit:
- Keynote Speaker: Ira Winkler, President and Co-Founder, Secure Mentem
Ira will discuss the ongoing threat of corporate espionage and what companies need to do to protect, detect, and react to the persistent threats from state-sponsored and other hackers.
- Kevin T. Carroll, Chief Counsel to the U.S. Council on Transnational Organized Crime and member of the Senior Executive Service (SES-III) —What the government is doing to enforce federal law with respect to transnational criminal organizations and proposed legal amendments to thwart crimes such as cybercrime and intellectual property (IP) theft.
- Sarah Pearce, Partner, Cooley LLP —The upcoming European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will have serious implications for companies both inside and outside the EU. Learn how to leverage your organization's data while protecting individuals' privacy and complying with this important new legislation that takes effect in May 2018.
- Rob Ballow, Managing Director, Contract Compliance Services, KPMG —How to use a data-driven process for more successful on-site audits and will also look at cultural differences around the world and how they relate to protecting IP.
- Warren Savage, GM for the IP Division, Silvaco —Using advanced technologies to watermark, track, and protect semiconductor IP.
- Diana Torres, Partner, Kirkland & Ellis LLP —Copyright issues, data privacy, and litigation involving software IP has been extremely active in the last few years. Diana will bring us up to speed on the most relevant cases and issues to be aware of as we strive to use the full extent of the law in protecting our valuable IP.
- Case Studies: Leading EDA/CAD license compliance managers will share best practices, lessons learned, and interesting cases.
- Workshops on Licensing, Best Practices: Highlighting successful tactics to help Chinese companies move toward greater compliance with international laws on software IP. Interactive workshop on facilitating greater coordination between the government and the private sector.
Call for Papers: If you have interesting and pertinent content to share, we invite you to present at the summit.
October 6 - 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
SmartFlow User Group Meeting (clients only)
- SmartFlow Professional & Enterprise 2017: Overview of all the new features and functionality in SmartFlow, including the event type functionality, new search capabilities, and how to customize the analytics and data reporting functionality. We will also discuss the SmartFlow product roadmap.
- Workshop on Advanced Detection Methods: An interactive client discussion and workshop to improve license activations, tamper detection, telemetry data, watermarking strategies, and other methods for protecting software IP.
- Hands-On Training Sessions: SmartFlow Professional and Enterprise 2017 training on the latest features, as well as a preview of the next product release.
- Software Development Kit and Tamper Detection Kit: Update on configuration options, simplified integration procedures, and best practices for maximum ROI on license compliance programs. Overview on how to use the latest TDK.
- Advanced Configuration/Export Compliance/Using Templates: Tips and tricks for export compliance, setting up custom reports and letter templates, and modifying threshold settings.
- Q&A: SmartFlow research and development team.
MAKE YOUR HOTEL RESERVATIONS NOW!
The summit is the same week as the Sonoma County Harvest Fair - hotel rooms are selling out fast!
101 Fountaingrove Pkwy.
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
3555 Round Barn Blvd.
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
(Ask for Keysight conference rate at both hotels)